EXPLANATION LETTER

I am filled with deep remorse as I write this letter. Nothing I can say or do will justify my actions. Suffice it for me to say that I was driven by sibling love and concern for my family.

Impersonating my sister in the exam was a desperate attempt to save her mental anguish and depression. Since my father passed away two years ago, she has been the care provider for my ailing mother. Passing this exam was her ticket to better job prospects and a steady income. She spent over seven hours a day studying for it and another twelve attending to her mother she got by on barely five hours sleep per day. To be honest, I dont think I could manage such a hectic schedule.

As the exam day drew near, she complained of constant headaches and mood swings I figured the pressure of life was getting to her. She repeatedly complained that if she did not pass the exam she would be devastated as she had no more money to finance another semester. I believe she was considering suicide.

The night before the exam she had a nervous breakdown. My dear sister kept on mumbling that she had to do the exam without fail. She was in no condition to leave the house let alone do an exam. As her her older brother, I felt I had a duty to protect my sibling. Without the financial resources to see her through college, I made the decision to do the exam for her. The course she was doing was one I had taken during college and although I had not studied for it, I was hopeful I could manage a pass grade and save my sister further anguish.

These are the mitigating factors that led me to take such a draconian action. I have no criminal record and this was the first and last misdemeanor I intend to ever commit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment