Criminal Justice Research

    Criminal justice research involves any act of evaluating and analyzing information, assisting criminal justice agencies, as well as educating and informing communities on public safety concerns (Trustees of Indiana University). The purpose of the research is to mainly explain, describe, and explore certain issues that a particular research covers (Dantzker and Hunter). Basically, exploration looks for information regarding something that exists that must be exposed. Description, on the other hand, is anchored in a problem that police officers are already conscious of but know little in relation to it. Finally, explanation focuses on fully understanding and analyzing the question of the researched problem.

These fundamentals of criminal justice research are very important to my future criminal justice profession because they will definitely make the research aspect of my job easier, complete, and accurate. These appropriate research skills will minimize the resources, effort, and time that I will need to obtain the necessary evidence and to make reliable judgments. Moreover, knowing how to do a research can certainly assist me in my future job in view of the fact that such knowledge can guide me on how to properly provide impartial applied research on public safety and criminal justice issues to social service organizations and public safety agencies.

Furthermore, these important knowledge and skills are indispensable to my future success as a detective as they will not only assist me and my future department in saving vital resources and time, but they will also arm against erroneous information and improper decisions. Without a doubt, sufficient understanding of the basics of criminal justice research will extensively guide me in making accurate work-related decisions in my future career.

0 comments:

Post a Comment